Peterhof is the country cottage for the czars so they could get away from the busy city. We took a fast boat ride out to the cottage on the Gulf of Finland to enjoy the country and to try to imagine what it would have been like to be royalty a hundred years ago.
I wonder if the czars ever mowed their own lawn.
The gardens were beautiful and the fountains were refreshing in the 90 degree plus heat. I think I would have played in the fountains even if I were royalty. I would have taken off my tiara first!
It was beautiful and relaxing but it was hard work for Scott to even pretend he was the czar.
Hey check out some Lake Powell pics on my daughter in law's blog. Scroll down past the Pasta and carrots blog (she is a foodie) and you will see lots of pics!
Wow! I want a country cottage like that. What a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteHey check out some Lake Powell pics on my daughter in law's blog. Scroll down past the Pasta and carrots blog (she is a foodie) and you will see lots of pics!
ReplyDeleteOh yea, the address is amberandnic.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete