Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birtday America from Moscow, Russia!

The only way we could think of celebrating America's birthday here in Moscow is to eat at the All-American eatery - McDonald's!!! We walked in not knowing what to expect. As we stood staring at the menu not having a clue what it said two workers behind the counter recognized us instantly as foreigners and smiled. I asked if they spoke English and he said yes! I saw a picture of what looked like a "Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese" and said: "I want one of those." Geri ordered a Big-Mac and we got fries and shakes too.
And this is for my sons: this hamburger or Quarter Pounder w/Cheese was honestly much bigger than the hamburgers at the Church cafeteria - if you know what I mean ;) The carton said it had 850 calories!!!! I will double my running time tomorrow.


Geri and I decided that we should come here at least once per year - maybe only on the 4th of July. Anyway, it was a fun experience - and we didn't even have a Happy Meal - but we were happy with our meals - except for the calories.

Hope you all had a nice barbaque today!
love, Ronald :)

1 comment:

  1. Only 850 cals? Why didn't you get 2?
    Ty and I always go to MickeyD's when we travel. We went in Guat and Switzerland. It crazy how it can remind you of home.

    ReplyDelete